Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Anchors

There are a few people in my life as I've moved around from state to state, school to school, life to life, job to job, who have been my anchor. They are people who make me smile (sometimes cry) and get me through all that life throws my way.

Momma C Bee
I am just like her. Except she's stronger lady than I am. She's just not my mom any more, we have grown into best buddies. We're stubborn and sensitive and competitive, but that means she gets me in every way. It's comforting to know I'm not alone. I love my mom and I love that we're so much alike.

Dad :)
The kindest, most patient man on the planet who would do anything for his family. I wouldn't be anywhere without his encouragement and positive outlook on life. I'm a daddys girl and love watching sports with him and talking to him about anything under the sun!


Cortny "Beef" Bates
My sis...we didn't always get along when we were younger but that's probably because I was wicked annoying! She's a great listener, so creative and always giving me good ideas and encouragement to live life to the fullest. Love you beety. Ps...she'll be mad about this pic but I barely have any recent ones with her and I made sure we both looked a little goofy... :D

Timbo Slice
He must be a magician because he knows how to disappear!! ;) STILL through everything we've been through and how different we are, he's still my best friend and the person who's been with me through all my moves and a quiet warrior in my life. Sometimes we look at each other, utterly stumped, and say "I don't get you!!!!" But we laugh and know that's just the way life is! My brother is a genius and I'm proud of where he's going.
Ms. Aylor
True friends can be found and I found one in Kourtney Aylor. Though we live in different states and got off to a rocky start, she has been there for me the whole time through these past few years. We are both feisty and expressive and super passionate people. We have so many similarities and have found a way to keep contact even with our hectic schedules. She's a great friend and a true competitor and someone who challenges me and makes me smile. Thanks Kourt.

Love
The love of my life. We've been through so much together and so much apart as well. After moving away we somehow found our way back together. Though relationships can be stressful and a lot of work (especially a distance relationship), he makes me laugh, smile and enjoy every second with his stubbornness :) He challenges me and loves me just the way I am. Though we don't get one another sometimes and we are totally different, we connect so well and find joy in a lot of the same things. Love being with him and he would do anything for me.

I do have other great friends and family members that I adore and bring me joy in life but just wanted to highlight some of them. I couldn't get through this journey without them and without those who support them as well. Thank you and I look forward to every moment with all of you as this life of obstacles and wonder continues.

3 comments:

  1. Precious...thanks for the kinds words puff-a-luffer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So we def need to get a new pic together asap.. that one is from like 4 years ago lol

    but thanks for including me.. you know i always got your back guurrlll :]

    let's actually try and see each other sometime before 2012 gets here.. deal?! lol

    LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete